NKFH, a FICCI initiative is a collaborative framework of Academia and Industry,Â focusing on multiple disciplines and sectors. The aim is to create a knowledge network of leading universities and companies with tier II and tier III institutions and local small and medium industry with the primary objective of providing professional exposure and confidence to fresh graduates through involvement with real life industrial activities. Leading companies and academic institutions in a region will come together as a “Hub” to facilitate mutually beneficial linkages. The “Hub” will create and sustain a network of “Spokes” with other companies and institutes in the region. Further, each Hub could also draw strength by collaborating with leading Foreign Universities and Companies for sharing of best practices in academic programs and collaborative industry research. NKFH is based on the premise that the key driver of high-technology growth is knowledge, wherein wealth is created through development of innovative products. Academia being the main generator of knowledge and manpower, need to work in tandem with the industry, which puts the knowledge as well as the manpower to use.
- To address skill gap issues amongst new graduates through industry relevant programmes and exposure to real time projects
- To invigorate research and development and innovation to sustain competitiveness of the companies
- To encourage lifelong learning skills of employees for sustenance of organizations
- For Branding of institutions and companies as leaders in the field of technical education and research
- To reduce un-employability of engineering graduates by creating sync between industry expectations and institutions output
- To promote a culture of Entrepreneurships in the Universities
What is NKFH
FICCI has developed a framework called National Knowledge Functional Hub (NKFH) to create a mechanism for employability and entrepreneurship amongst engineering graduates. Conceptualized in February 2011 by Prof M Anandakrishnan, Chair-FICCI HE Committee & Chairman, BoG IIT Kanpur & Spearheaded by Mr K Venkataramanan, Chair-FICCI Capital Goods Committee & Former CEO & MD, L&T Pvt Ltd. The key objective of the initiative is to institutionalize the process of effective collaboration between industry and academia with the aim of producing industry ready employable engineering graduates.
Today NKFH has evolved as an initiative of FICCI, recognised in Twelfth Plan Document and endorsed by Ministry of HRD, GoI